Awesome Clan
Do you want to login? If you login you can access all of our cool & fun activities and roleplay! If do not have an account, then you can register Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Awesome Clan
Do you want to login? If you login you can access all of our cool & fun activities and roleplay! If do not have an account, then you can register Smile
Awesome Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Awesomeclan News
Season: Strong-breeze, 3rd Moon (Fall/Autumn, November) Weather: The weather in the islands is now cooling down as the season begins to whind down into cool-breeze. Clan News: Lavaclan, Forestclan, and Oceanclan have teamed up to fight against Sunclan, while Moonclan is being ripped apart by their bloody civil war. RP News: I have updated AwesomeClan with some new things and have also given it a new format! A few new things will soon follow and soon the Other Roleplay's will be up and running! And maybe even something more..... ;)

Awesomeclan staff are always about and ready to help others, Admins will allways answer questions and help you out

Statistics
We have 122 registered users
The newest registered user is fabeayelen

Our users have posted a total of 10089 messages in 461 subjects
Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Fav books and why

+3
Angelfeather
Oceanstorm
Shi'ido
7 posters

Go down

Fav books and why Empty Fav books and why

Post by Shi'ido Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 am

This is for talking about why you like the books you like. I'll start off with:
Discworld novels: They are funny and samart. they are about a disc-shaped world that rests on the back of four elephants. The elephants in turn stand on top of the great turtle. That itself should give enough information of the type of book this is. There are over twenty books descibing adventures on this world. There are wizards,witches,dragons,talking trees,talking swords,Death himself,and lots more. I recommend them all except for Hogfather.

Lord of the Rings:I'm sure I don't have to say what this is about because everyone already knows. But it deserves mention because besides being a great trilogy all by itself,it also started the modern fantasy genre. Without it,people would still imagine elves as Santa Claus's helpers.Wink

Inheritance saga: About a farmboy who discovers a dragon egg and becomes the next dragon rider,destined to fight Galbatorix. This is a good fantasy series because it makes relatable characters,realistic setting,and there everything is not always in shades of black and white. This series often gets attacked by claims that Paolini stole his ideas from Star Wars,but that is simply not true. I don't even think the two series are similar. People always say that Eragon starting off as a farmboy is the same as Luke. Well,OF COURSE IT IS! If you are writing a good book,your character will be one the people reading it can relate to. It's not going to be some stuck up prince. Most famous heroes start of humble. Remember Rusty? Then people say that Brom and Obi-Wan are simliar. Yes,they are. But always,the naive hero must learn from someone wise. And the last big comparition I can also justify,but I won't do so as it might spoil the a surprise ending of the book.

Warriors:Of course.Sine this is a Warrior site,there is no need to tell you the plotline. It has major themes such as faith in it. The first series is very fun to read in an adventure-like way. Rusty is by far my favorite character POV. The later books haven't been as good,(like Sunrise) but Erin is getting better with OOTS. there is mystery,and it looks like the question about what the prophecy means is going to answered. It shoudl eb epic.

I'll say more later,but now I have to get off the computer.

Shi'ido

Male Posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty I have to say....

Post by Oceanstorm Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 pm

I have to say that I read/have everyone of those books! Very Happy
Some other good books are The Warrior Heir, The Wizard Heir, The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima.
Also by her is her new series which has The Demon King and The Exiled Queen.
For both of those more are to come out and I can not wait!
The Warrior Heir was in my opinion AMAZING! Very Happy I got me sucked in and I did not stop reading it until I was finished.
The same goes for the other books of the series Wink
The Demon King is the book I am currently reading which I love! It is very good. Smile

The Heir Chronicles are in each book about a different character. In the first one it is about a boy named Jack who winds out that he has amazing powers and is apart of a society of magical people called the Weir (People with no powers are called Anaweir) They are ruled by the Red Rose and the White Rose who have a battle to death where they send a warrior to fight and whoever warrior wins that House that sent the warrior for awhile rules the Weir until the next battle. Jack is a warrior and both of the houses are looking for a player. He finds out that he is actually a hybrid. The source of their power is called a Weirstone which is behind their heart. But Jack was nott born with a Weirstone so he was going to die. The leader of the WHite Rose saved him-but implanted the wrong stone a warrior stone when he was suppose to have a wizard stone(There is warriors, wizards, seers, enchanters and sorcerors.....and a secret one you find out in the Dragon Heir) So know his family want to prevent him form going into the tournament and he begins to train his warrior and wizrad skills for protection.

And there is more but that is basically it. Kinda like the Hunger Games but very different! I will tell more about the other books later-gotta go eat breackfats soon!
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Male Posts : 2622

http://www.awesomecl4n.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Books I love

Post by Angelfeather Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Twilight Saga: Yeah, I'm Team Edward. And I know, most people hate Twilight. But I have fallen in love with it, much like I've fallen in love with Ed himself. Meyer's little perfect world of vampires is something to worth sinking your teeth into.
Warriors: Duhhhh...this series really tackles everything. Love, friendship, family, loyalty, battle, war, darkness, light, and where your heart really belongs. It has made me cry, laugh, but mostly think: Think of a hardship of a leader, the skills of a medicine cat, the lasting days of a deputy, the young days of a apprentice, the heart beating days of a queen, the dying days of a elder, and the struggle of being a warrior.
Wrinkle in Time: The best book I have ever read, saying an even better message; love, is strong. Never doubt that. Through time and space, three kids begin a life full of adventure and value.
Angelfeather
Angelfeather

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Re: Fav books and why

Post by g1984683 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Last edited by Panthereyes on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleting)

g1984683

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedragon Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Evil or Very Mad NOOOOO HARRY POTTER IS COOLEST Evil or Very Mad

you have it wrong my friends tongue

HARRY POTTER HARRY POTTER
ra ra ra ra
Icedragon
Icedragon

Female Posts : 220

https://awesomecl4n.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty LadyGaGa Mood today Amy?

Post by Oceanstorm Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 am

Are you in a LadyGaga mood Amy?
I am sorry for.......everything that she does basically.
I told you she was spazzy.
GO TEAM JACOB!
Actually I do read the books and they are not half bad. I am not obessed and in love with them but they are good. Still have not read the fourth book-have sittting on my desk barely quater read waiting for me to poick it up and finish on a long trip somwhere.
I like Jacob better than Edawrd but I know Edawrd will win Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
This is just like with peeta and gale I always chose the losing side!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shi'ido Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

LOL,Icedragon.Smile I love Harry Potter as well. I was planning to mention it on the original list,but I didn't have enough time. So here is why I like it:

Harry Potter is a realistic fantasy series. Many fantasies arejust that:fantasies. They aren't realistic,and some people defend them by saying "It's only fiction." But certainly not with Harry Potter. Harry is easy to identify with because he goes through the same problems and triumphs many teens go through. Of course I don't mean dark lords,I mean Harry's shyness at the beginning,his friends,romances,loss of family and friends,andquestions on mortality.He's not the only one who is likeable. Ron,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius,Arthur,Fred and George,Dobby,Dumbledore,the teachers,Slughorn,Myrtle,Hagrid,Snape,and the other good characters are awesome and realistic as well.
When a good character dies,it actually is sad.I notic that many Warrior fans are looking forward to Firestars death,or calling out for the whole clan to be destroyed. But I never heard anything like that againts a Harry Potter hero. It is always sad. The reason why it is like that is because Rowling is sad when she has to kill a character. A good writer will not just write their daydreams without putting thought into the story. But Erin is never sad when she writes the death of a character. She said that in a interview(I actually saw her say it),and sometimes she's even happy. So if the writer doesn't try to make deaths sad,the reader swon't feal the saddnes. And a reader should be sad when a hero dies. But Rowling doesn't go to the other extreme like what Collins did. She doesn't kill characters in vain. Therre is victory in the end,and the people that they died for live. Very different from Prim dying in Mockingjay.
There are many other themes in the books as well.
Not to mention that it all takes place in awesome world of magicand creatchers.

I kind of like Twilight. I don't love Twilight but I don't hate it. Although I DID hate the Second Short Life of Bree Tanner. Bree is selfish.
Speaking of Hunger Games,I wanted Katniss to end up with Peeta. He just semed very noble. But in Mockingjay I changed my mind. Gale is the real hero. He saved all those people in Catching Fire. It was unfair of Katniss to hate him just because he made the bomb. That's like hating the person who made the spear that killed Rue.

Shi'ido

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Twilight Books

Post by Angelfeather Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:57 pm

TEAM EDWARD!!! (Just wanted to make that clear)
Angelfeather
Angelfeather

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty XD POST ON TWILIGHT!

Post by Oceanstorm Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 pm

TEAM JACOB!
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellastar Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:11 am

OMG! I love Lord of the rings! One of the best series I've read! Very Happy
I also LOVE Pokemon SP! LOL sorry Imma big Pokemon Fan XD
Bellastar
Bellastar

Female Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty You can see that I am spazzzing out right now

Post by Oceanstorm Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:41 am

WERE HAVE YOU BEEN, YOU LAZY GODD FOR NOTHING LOSER I AM GOING TO BAN YOU BELLASTAR!

BELLASTAR I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK WELCOME HOME ARE YOU GOING TO SWIM PRATCICE TODAY?

AND DO YOU YOU EVEN CARE TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE!

Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty ...

Post by Tigerstar Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Are you feeling a bit bipolar today?
Tigerstar
Tigerstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Female Posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Maybe

Post by Oceanstorm Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Maybe Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
But I am better now because I releashed all of my anger on Bellastar! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellastar Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Oceanstorm wrote:Maybe ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
But I am better now because I releashed all of my anger on Bellastar! :D :D :D
Don't worry Oceanstorm. . . Imma still ganna kill chu >:D
Bellastar
Bellastar

Back to top Go down

Post by Oceanstorm Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Never! I have associates and clan members on mine side-while you the great leader who went to the Moonclan camp and is the leader of Oceanclan has no friedns at all beacuase tthey refue to join the website. OHHHHHH you are in denial! lol! afro
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty BELLASTAR

Post by Angelfeather Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 pm

OMG I LUVVVVVVV POKEMON!! It's just so cute and funny!!!!
Angelfeather
Angelfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellastar Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:23 am

Angelfeather wrote:OMG I LUVVVVVVV POKEMON!! It's just so cute and funny!!!!
YAY! A POKEMON LOVER! XD who's chur fave character?(or pokemon)
Bellastar
Bellastar

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Pokemon

Post by Angelfeather Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:12 pm

my favorite character ahh i don't have one
and my favorite pokemon is vapereon i just luv eevee evolutions but vapereon roxs
Angelfeather
Angelfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellastar Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:56 am

Angelfeather wrote:my favorite character ahh i don't have one
and my favorite pokemon is vapereon i just luv eevee evolutions but vapereon roxs
I LUV VAPEREON TOO XD BUT MEH ALL TIME FAVE ISH PIKACHU XD
Bellastar
Bellastar

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty pika pika XD

Post by Angelfeather Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:35 pm

yeah when i first watched pokemon when i was like six or something my favorite pokemon was pikachu too he rocks
Angelfeather
Angelfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellastar Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 pm

lol, imma 15 and still love him XD
Bellastar
Bellastar

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelfeather Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 pm

yeah imma 11 and i just wanna say u have an awesome profile pic
Angelfeather
Angelfeather

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Random ANimals plus LIES-But hey I should talk!

Post by Oceanstorm Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:59 am

Bellastar you are 12!
I should kinda now because I am your deputy!
DO NOT LISTEN TO HER-SHE LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Random afro dude> afro
Random pig animal> pig
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty LOL

Post by Shi'ido Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 pm

This is getting way off topic!Smile Maybe someone should make a topic devoted to Pokemon? Anyway,on an attempt to get back on th topic of books and Pokemon at the same time: Is Red the same person as Ash? I read a few comic books about a trainer named Red who seems very similar to Ash. The only difference is that he has red clothes.

Shi'ido

Back to top Go down

Post by g1984683 Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Last edited by Panthereyes on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleting)

g1984683

Back to top Go down

Fav books and why Empty Some Manga.

Post by Oceanstorm Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Here is some manga for some maga peiople out there'

Bleach (Manga)-About a boy who can see souls and becomes a Shingami a person who protects souls and also a person who destroys and purifies evil souls called Hollows.

Shugo Chara (Manga)-About a girl who wishes to express her true persoanlity and gets Guardian Characters who help her do so. Joins a club that have Guardian Characters and helps fight the Easter Company who are trying to get a magical Gaurdian Egg called the Embryo.

Soul Eater (Manga)-About a boy and girl who have powers to fight evil souls.The boy has the powers to turn into a weapon and the girl has powers to wield that weapon.

Soul Eater Not! (Manga)-ABout a new set of characters which takes place and is the sequel to Soul Eater.

Pokemon topic coming up!!!!1
Oceanstorm
Oceanstorm
Outstanding Supporter
Outstanding Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down